Balanitis Treatment Online
This is an inflammation of the head of the penis often related to inadequate hygiene in uncircumcised men. When the foreskin becomes involved, the condition is known as balanoposthitis.
What Causes Balanitis
- A buildup of sweat, debris, exfoliated skin, and bacteria or fungi can occur, resulting in inflammation.
- When the glans is not cleansed appropriately
- Patients with diabetes, penile injury, obesity are often at risk of developing balanitis.
- When the foreskin is not routinely retracted
- Redness around the head of the penis
- Soreness, itchiness, or irritation
- Lumpy white discharge
- Unpleasant or foul smell
- Difficulty pulling the foreskin back
- Painful urination
- Shiny glans penis
Some balanitis resolves with an over-the-counter cream. Treatment for balanitis depends on the cause which could be caused by a yeast or bacterial infection.
After home remedy failure, Callondoc recommends prescription-strength medication to treat the infection